Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Another Visit from Buster Bear

Sarah's preschool has a class "pet". His name is Buster Bear. Last weekend it was her second turn at bringing him home for a little visit. She loooooves Buster Bear. I love how they have a class notebook that they each write (well, parents write) what they did with Buster Bear during their visit. These are the two photos we added. Then when they go back to school they share their stories with the class. Sarah would bring him home every day if she could!!







I know these are not perfect technically, not enough light in her eyes, skin tones are a bit off, etc. But I just love these for the moment they capture.

5 comments:

Julie said...

Marla, those are just darling. She looks so sweet hugging on that bear. I bet he enjoys her the most :)

What a great idea, having a class pet.

Mary-Ella said...

Love these Marla - lots of schools here do that (take a special "person" home and write about - it's a great thing to do....

Anonymous said...

Now see..I think these are gorgeous. I love the mood..playful, yet somber. I love them! Who cares if the lighting was perfect. You captured emotion. Great shots!

Stephanie said...

What a neat idea! Love the pics.

Marla said...

Thanks, Julie, Sheila, Jamie, and Stephanie! I have a few more from this little session that I haven't finished editing yet, but these were my favorites.

Julie, and Sheila, her last preschool class had a "pet", too. It was Clifford the Big Red Dog ... she loved him, too!! :)

Jamie, you are so right, sometimes I get so caught up in trying to get it "right" that I can easily miss the moment ... which is really the point, isn't it?! :)