Friday, June 22, 2007

Not a flu bug after all ...

Ever since returning home on Saturday, I've been feeling rundown. Then Sunday afternoon I started getting a sore throat. By Monday I had added a fever, aches, and chills to the mix. By Tuesday my fever had broken and the aches/chills were gone, but not the sore throat, the congestion that got added, and the headaches. So I though it was just a bug that would run its course in a few days. I felt a little better by afternoon and thought it was almost over. Wednesday ... still a sore throat, congestion and now a nasty cough. But still, I'm thinking its almost over, right? Well, no. Wednesday night when I went to bed I could hardly breathe or swallow. Thursday morning Elliot stayed with the girls while I went to the doctor. They did a throat culture and yep, you guessed it ... step throat. I started antibiotics and should be feeling better in 24-48 hours. It's been almost 24 hours so, I'm going to venture a guess that its going to be closer tot he 48 hr. side of thing. I never had strep throat before, but this is definitely the worst sore throat I've ever experienced. YUCK! I just hope no one in our household gets it. So here's hoping you're all having a better few days than me!!

4 comments:

Ren said...

Aww... I'm sorry you're not feeling well :(

Renee said...

Aww, Marla! You poor thing. I have only had it once in my life and it was misery. I hope your antibiotics kick in soon. :)

Julie said...

I hope you are feeling better now, Marla!

Marla said...

Thanks girls! I'm finally starting to feel better again ... not 100%, but close. :)