Monday, March 24, 2008

An Easter Basket for Anna

I know, Easter was yesterday. I'm late. Oh well. We've been enjoying the girls' Spring Break, which just ended. We didn't go anywhere this year, we just mostly hung out together at home. I have to say, I really, really enjoyed having Sarah home from kindergarten all week. I feel like I don't get to see her as often now that she is in "real" school. I took them to lunch a couple of times, and we went to a craft day with the mom's club. Then on Saturday Elliot and I took the girls to lunch and then to see the new movie "Horton Hears A Who." It was Anna's first trip to the movie theater, and really made a big impression on her .... she fell asleep in her daddy's lap half-way through! Sarah loved it, but she still doesn't like how loud the sound is at the theater. If you haven't seen it yet, and you have young kids ... GO. It is very cute, and very Dr. Seuss-ish.

On Sunday we went to Easter mass, and even took Anna with us rather than taking her to the nursery. She was so good, and so excited to be with all of us. I still can't help but shudder when I think of how difficult the transition was for Sarah at this age!! I still have nightmares remembering all the times I had to pull her out from UNDERNEATH the pew in front or behind us. Or how about the time she ran up to the altar at Christmas Eve mass when she was almost three?! She really has grown up a lot since then. =)

After church we went to some friends' house for the afternoon. We really enjoyed the yummy food and the good conversation. The kids got to hunt for Easter eggs, which the loved.

And today, at last ... BACK TO SCHOOL!!! =)

Here's just one little shot of Miss Anna with her Easter basket ... on her head.

No comments: