Monday, March 10, 2008

My Anna is THREE?!

Yesterday my baby turned three. I'm not sure how that happened, since it seems like we just brought her home from the hospital. I can still vividly remember going to the hospital for a scheduled c-section, the nervous anticipation, praying she would arrive healthy and safe. Now I've turned around and she's already three. I know, I know, she's still a little thing, and when I turn around again she'll probably be asking for the keys to the car. But for some reason this birthday seems to mark the end of her being my baby. Maybe its because she has become so independent. She can do so many things for herself (and insists on doing them!). She carries on real conversations with us ... ones we can actually understand. She sings multiple verses to the songs she loves. She knows how to go the pantry and dig out what she's looking for (not a good thing). Sigh. She's growing up.

Here are a few shots from her birthday party yesterday. It was just us, plus my mom. She enjoyed opening her presents, and even better ... the CAKE! =)





1 comment:

Julie said...

Happy Birthday Anna!!!

Gosh..they do grow fast :(