Wednesday, February 06, 2008

Sinus Infection, Step Throat, and Tornadoes

My thoughts and prayers go out to those who were impacted by yesterday's and today's devastating tornadoes. We had a 3:30 AM wakeup call with the tornado sirens blaring. The girls slept through it as I stood in front of the local news broadcast trying to clear the sleep out of my eyes and decide if the threat was significant enough to get the girls out of bed. Naturally Elliot was out of town for this joyful event! By the time I pulled stuff out of the closet under the stairs, and grabbed pillows and flashlight, the threat had already passed. We were really lucky to have the tornadoes miss us (especially when I find out later there was one spotted very near our neighborhood). When I see what destruction they caused elsewhere it really drives home how much different things could have been. In the future I'm going to skip trying to figure things out, just grab the girls and head for the closet. I'm so used to Florida and hurricane threats where you have time to actually think out a plan and prepare ... this is a whole different experience for me.

Its been a fun few days around here. Aside from our little weather adventure, I've been battling sinus problems (again). After I spent most of the day waiting at the urgent care (memo to self: find a primary doctor!!), I discovered that my sinus flare-up has turned into a full-blown sinus infection, with strep throat to top it all off. Hopefully all will be back to normal in another day or two.

I've got pictures to post if I ever get around to uploading them to my computer and editing them! Hopefully in the next few days, when I'm feeling better.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

oooh Marla! sounds scary!! and you poor thing, please get well soon!

Renee said...

We had the same thing here, Marla, around 1 a.m. Scarey stuff! Hope you feel better!

Aimee & Josh Jensen said...

could you tell me please how you got your blogspot not to have the sign in bar up top?

and also how you got your links to be little banner ads?

Thank you!