Monday, September 22, 2008

God Bless America

I consider myself to be a fairly patriotic person. I think its hard not to be when you spend 11 years as a military spouse. Even though Elliot is no long in the Navy, we have many friends who still serve, and they continue to have our support. No matter where you stand politically, the people who risk their lives every day to protect our freedom deserve to be honored and admired for their commitment. I know September 11th is a day to reflect and remember those who were killed in the terrorist attacks. This year I found myself outside, watching my children ride their bikes and play with their friends. As I watched the sun setting behind our neighbor's American flag, blowing lightly in the breeze, I took a moment to remember how truly blessed we are as Americans.

My very small tribute ...

2 comments:

Amanda said...

beautiful capture!

Anonymous said...

lovely photo