Thursday, April 26, 2007

Storytelling

Our last assignment for Wendy's workshop was all about telling a story with your pictures. This is what drew me to photography in the first place, capturing those little pieces of our daily life. I'm not in love with every one of these, but they are the ones that stood out to me as saying something. Some of them have some technical issues, but they each spoke to me. What do they say to you?

I'm so sad that our workshop is finished. I have learned so much. Wendy has really pushed me to discover who I am as a photographer. :)

One of the things I'm working on is trying to get really good photographs of difficult subjects. My youngest really fits the bill on that one! I'm also working on being a bit more creative, and letting go of the rigid technical details to focus on capturing the moment. I've spent so much time trying to get the technical side right that I've forgotten that sometimes its more important to tell the story. Balance ... its all about Balance.













2 comments:

Mary-Ella said...

love these marla - you did great!!!

Marla said...

Thanks, Sheila!