Wednesday, August 08, 2007

My Kindergarten Girl

Today was the big day. My little girl went to kindergarten. She is growing up so quickly these days. She has been so excited about school that she can hardly stand it! For the last couple of weeks she has been asking me every day "How many more days?" ... and then gets all sad that the day is not yet here.

We went to her Open House on Monday afternoon. She was really excited, but a little overwhelmed at how crowded it was (with so many kids, parents, teachers, etc. it was a little chaotic). She was pretty disappointed her friend from the neighborhood is in a different kindergarten class, but was glad to hear they will all be having recess together. And she is so excited about riding the bus with the "big girls" in the neighborhood.

I gave her a choice between riding the bus the first day or having me take her to school. Needless to say, for my independent kid there was no contest!

At her school the kindergartener's are on a split schedule the first week. Group A goes Tuesday/Thursday, Group B goes Wednesday/Friday. Next week the all go the full schedule. Sarah is on the B schedule, so today was her first day (can you believe how early they go back to school here?!). Naturally, her friend is in the Group A!

Most mornings Elliot will probably take her to the bus stop, since that's when he goes to work anyway. Anna and I will meet her in the afternoons. But for her first day, we all went to see her off! Of course I had to take my camera to capture the moment.












4 comments:

Shannon said...

Love these Marla. So sweet. All grown up!!

Ren said...

Oh Marla... *sob*

You did a great job of capturing her leaving though...

Marla said...

Thanks girls! I can't believe I am the mom of a kindergartener!!

Cecile said...

These are simply precious!!!! I love how you captured the walk to the bus corner and the last look before getting herself into the bus. I know I capture these moments for my kids as well but not as beautiful as your photos turned out.

My only question is...why do your kids start school so early?...Mine are just starting this wednesday!!!!